Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
1. What can I have on a clear liquid diet?
Chicken broth, clear fruit juices, clear sodas, popsicles or jello. Avoid blue, red or purple dyes during this time. No coffee or tea.
2. Can I take my regular prescribed medication?
Certain medication will need to be stopped. Check with your physician.
3. Will I need a driver for after my procedure?
Yes, you must have a driver for your procedure. You will be sedated for your procedure.
4. How long will my procedure take?
Plan to be at the hospital for a total of 2-3 hours for pre-procedure preparation and recovery.
5. When can I eat after my procedure?
You may eat and take all medications as soon as you arrive home from your procedure unless otherwise instructed by your physician
6. When will I be able to go back to work?
You will be able to return to your normal work routine on the morning following your procedure.
7. What happens if polyps are found during my colonoscopy?
The polyps found are removed and sent to the lab for testing.
8. When will my results be available?
Immediately following your procedure, your physician will have a brief discussion with your family member or yourself about findings. If biopsies were taken, those results can take 7-10 days to reach the doctor. All results are reviewed during your follow up visit.
9. Do you treat children?
Dr. Singh only treats patients who are age 20 and above.